Review and Swatch: Saint Germain Paris

Have you ever heard of the makeup brand "Saint Germain Paris" before? Well I haven't. I saw a contest on it  and entered right away hoping that I was going to win. They gave me the chance to pick out which eye shadow duo I preferred and the rest of the items were as is. The following day after entering the contest, they sent me an email stating that I have won!!! I was so excited to get my package and it came quickly too! But who is "Saint Germain Paris"? I have never heard of this brand before so I checked out their website. All of the prices were low so I was kind of hesitant of the quality. But let's go on and see...




What I received:

  • Eye shadow Duo in Soft Apricot/Magical Night
  • Eyeliner in Sparkling Brown
  • Lipstick in Rose Violet
  • Nail polish in Powder Pink
  • Cute makeup bag


As I have mentioned above, I picked out which eye shadow duo that I wanted. There weren't many options to choose from so I picked out Soft Apricot/Magical Night because it was really pretty. I would've chosen the neutral pans but I already have so many shades of brown eye shadows! The two eye shadows are in the same pan without dividers.


I used soft apricot on my lids, magical night on my crease, and Urban Decay's Foxy as my highlight. Not a dramatic look but it's really soft and settle. I really like it. For the quality and price of the eye shadows, they are pretty good!


Now, let's move on to they eyeliner. I was excited about this one the most because I love browns! I swatched it on my hand and gently rub it to see if it would budge.  It didn't but when I rubbed it a little bit harder it was removed easily. In the picture above, I just lined my top lashes with it. The color is so pretty and I like it a lot!

Sparking Brown Eyeliner (Left) and Rose Violet Lipstick (Right)

Ahh, the lipstick!! The color looks so gorgeous in the tube and when swatched on my hand. I was also happy to get such a lovely color but when I tried it on my lips it looked so weird. I'm on the fence with this color because it looks so good far away but up close I look sick! But on the other hand, the application was really nice. It is good for the price! I'll just stick with pinks and reds.


The color that I received was in powder pink and it so cute! It is absolutely perfect for spring time. I think that this nail polish is really great for the price. It just only took 2 coats for full coverage. It lasts quite a while too! I still have this on my nails without chip and it's only been the third day!



The last and final thing was the makeup bag! I love the color and how spacious it is. It's also not the typical rectangle shape but more of a trapezoid shape. The brand's name "Saint Germain Paris" is on the bottom right and they have a cute little Eiffel tower as the zipper handle.


Overall, I think that this company has a lot of potential. It is very cheap and the quality is actually good. I'm hoping to try more things from this company. Go check out their website at http://www.saintgermainmakeup.com.


My Wish List from this company:
1. Eyeliner metallic shade in Violet Metal and Night Blue Metal
2. Lipsticks in Rosewood and Classic Red
3. Loose powder in Sun Glow
4. Nail polish in Taupe, Sea Green, and Gold Moire
5. Eye shadow brush, Eye shadow blend brush, and Kabuki Brush


I received $15.50 worth of stuff for free (bag price not included). This review was based only on my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment